You may often wonder what happens to the personal information businesses obtain about their customers.
What information do we collect and how do we obtain it?
We at HEXBEAM UK receive information directly from you when you place an order with us. If you place an order with us, we need to know your name, address, details of your credit or debit card number and telephone number (including mobile telephone numbers, this is so we can send an email, notify you of your order status and inform you of special offers and promotions).
If you enter a prize draw, we need your name; address and email address so that we can administer the prize draw and notify winners.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information as follows:
- Process orders, payments and enhance your shopping experience by providing you with a more personalized site;
- Fulfill your order and administer your account.
- We may pass information about you to employees to carry out services for us.
- To disclose information about you to any relevant regulator if they require it or to anyone else if we have a legal duty to do so.
- HEXBEAM UK may monitor or record telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent service levels to prevent or detect fraud and for training purposes.
- Monitor customer traffic and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the store.
- Occasionally notify you about enhancements to our services such as changes to the website, new HEXBEAM UK services and special features.
- We will give you the opportunity to say if you do not want us to share it for marketing.
- Fraud Prevention
- In deciding whether an order should be accepted, HEXBEAM UK may use the information you have given, or which HEXBEAM UK already hold about you, or which is received from any enquiry personal information and may use it in the future to assist other companies with identity verification.
In order to protect HEXBEAM UK and it's customers from theft and fraud, HEXBEAM UK may also pass information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customers records
We Endeavour to protect your information in the following ways:-
When you place an order or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. A secure server encrypts all of the information you input before it is sent to us, thus protecting your confidential data, particularly your credit card from unauthorized use;
we will not request information which is excessive for our purposes;
try, with your assistance, to keep any information we hold about you up to date and accurate;
delete any information which we hold about you which is no longer relevant, within a reasonable period of time from the date such information becomes no longer necessary for our purposes;
Protect your data against unauthorized use.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorized access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you.
What about "cookies"?
New technologies are emerging on the internet that helps us to deliver customized visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with customized information from our website.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which then may store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website.
You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this will give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it.
For further information about cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org
By placing an order on our website, or entering into a prize draw, you are consenting to the collection, processing and use of this information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
We use information we collect on the site to make shopping at HEXBEAM UK possible and to enhance your overall shopping experience.
HEXBEAM UK welcome your questions and comments about any topic, including Data Protection and your privacy. Please contact us via our contact page